Especially during autumn, citrus fruits are on their best. Me and especially my partner like them a lot and apart from eating them raw I love to use freshly picked lemons and oranges to add flavor and taste into my recipes.
These vegan, tiny, lemon cupcakes contain zest and juice from freshly picked lemons and they smell wonderful especially during baking. But apart from that I like them because they are fluffy and tasty, in a way that it’s hard to say that they are vegan. To achieve the shape and size of mini cakes I used these special silicone molds ordered from Silikomart. However they can be baked in regular molds for cupcakes.
- ½ cup vegan milk
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mild-tasting oil (such as sunflower oil)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- Mix well the lemon juice with the oil and sugar until creamy.
- Add the milk, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and finally the flour. Mix very well with a spoon or a hand mixer, until homogeneous.
- Divide the mixture into silicon molds for cupcakes or muffins. Bake in preheated oven at 170 oC for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before unmolding.